We’ve always wanted to travel the world. In 2013, a year before we started travelling full-time, we started the Travels of BBQboy and Spanky. Today we average about 1,200 unique visits/day (about 40,000 unique visits/month), the majority of our readers from the US, UK, and Canada. Our target audience are independent travellers, full-time travellers and expats (or retirees aspiring to be expats).
More on our About Us page.
Some of our work have been featured here:
– Guest-posted on the Travelling Canucks.
– Guest-posted on the Contented Traveller.
– Featured on The Professional Hobo.
– Featured on Holiday Lettings (Trip Advisor) on “Top 20 Couples Travel Blogs”.
– Interviewed on Andy’s World Journeys
– Interviewed on Reflectionenroute
– Featured on Business Insider on paying off debt while travelling the world.
– Featured (again) on Holiday Lettings (Trip Advisor) on “favorite honeymoon spots”.
– Featured as Twippers of the Week on TWIP.
– Featured on Bootsnall “How this couple manages to travel the world cheaply”
– Featured in the Serbian newspaper BLIC.
– Featured in the Associated Press.
– Featured on The Planet D.
– Featured on the Cruising website Rol Cruise.
– Featured on AllTheRooms “12 Best Places to Visit in Croatia”
– Featured on CreditDonkey “Top Travel Blogs 2018 – Top Influencers to Follow”.
– Featured on Holidaylettings (Trip Advisor) on “Top Couple Travel Bloggers 2018”.
– Interviewed on Travel Awaits.
– Featured in the Vancouver Sun – “Montreal Travel Guide: Exploring the Plateau Mont-Royal Neighborhood”.
– Featured in the Montreal Gazette – “Quebec Travel Bucket List: 10 places you must see in La Belle Province”.
– Featured in the Vancouver Sun and The Province– “Exploring the Best of Central Dalmatia”.
– Featured in the Globe and Mail “Eight ways to be a better Tourist this Summer”.
– Featured in the Toronto Sun and Edmonton Journal “How Two Canadians are travelling the world cheaply”.
– Featured as a Celebrity Travel Addict on David’s Been Here.
– Featured in the Vancouver Sun “Lockdown diaries: the coronavirus in Spain”.
– Interviewed on Inspreation.
– Featured on Spain Expat “How a Canadian couple moved to Spain and found a home”
– Video interview on Spain Revealed
We’re always happy to work with others, simply send us an email!
We do sponsored posts and links. Here are a few of the companies we’ve partnered with.
Guest posts, links, etc
Guest posts. I’m sorry, we don’t accept guest posts at this time.
HOWEVER – We do accept contributions to the Destination Guide section if you are an expert on a specific destination. We ask that all guides be comprehensive, informative, and non-promotional. In return, we’ll give you a link (or links) back to your blog or website. Note: if your website is a commercial website, we regard submissions as advertising and charge a (reduced) fee.
Free Links. We get tons of people writing us everyday asking if we can include a free link to their vlog or blog. I’m sorry, we just can’t accommodate these requests.
Contact info: (English, French, or Spanish)
[email protected] (for all commercial enquiries)
[email protected] (for non-commercial enquiries)